These baked apples are delicious and can easily be made in the microwave.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2005
- 8 apples cored with bottom intact
- 16 small sugar cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Julienned zest of 1 grapefruit
- Juice of 1/2 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons crabapple jelly
- Place apples in a microwavable plastic container filled with 1/2 inch water. Place 2 sugar cubes in each apple. Evenly divide the cinnamon, zest, and juice among apples. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until the apples are cooked through and the juices begin to run.
- Let cool 5 minutes; top with a small dollop of jelly before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.