Spicy-Sweet Chicken Wings
This great recipe for spicy-sweet chicken wings is courtesy of Suvir Saran and can be found in "American Masala."
The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2009
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala (http://www.marthastewart.com/255812/garam-masala)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds chicken wings, halved at the drumette joint
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons honey, oil, coarse salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon garam masala, paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Pour mixture into a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag and add chicken wings, turning to coat. Transfer to refrigerator and let marinate at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a wire rack. Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on rack. Transfer to oven and roast for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons honey, remaining teaspoon garam masala, and vinegar. Remove wings from oven and brush with honey mixture. Return wings to oven and continue roasting until wings are slightly charred and crisp, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle wings with sea salt and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.