Cucumber, Cantaloupe, and Squash Salad
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- Prep Time 5 min.
- Total Time 25 min.
- Serves 4
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 yellow summer squashes (about 1 pound), unpeeled
- 1 English cucumber (about 10 ounces), unpeeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 large cantaloupe, rind removed
- Make the dressing: Combine yogurt, lime zest and juice, salt, cumin, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Make the salad: Using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline, shave squashes and cucumber into wide ribbons, stopping when you reach seeds. Toss with vinegar and salt. Cover, and refrigerate. Shave cantaloupe into ribbons, and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, drain cucumber and squash ribbons, and toss with cantaloupe. Drizzle with dressing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.