Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic Oil
We used olive oil in place of butter and whole-wheat pasta in this side dish to reduce saturated fats and satisfy hunger without sacrificing flavor.
Everyday Food, January 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In pasta pot, heat oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes over medium until garlic has begun to brown, about 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta water, then spaghetti and parsley; season with salt. Toss to combine. Serve in bowls.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.