Eggplant Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
Choose firm eggplants that are heavy for their size, with smooth skins and no soft spots.
Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Serves 6
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Basic Roasted Eggplant (http://www.marthastewart.com/283383/basic-roasted-eggplant)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt, and ground pepper.
- Add Basic Roasted Eggplant, chickpeas, feta cheese, and chopped mint leaves; toss to combine.
Eggplants are best used within a day or two of purchase; keep in the vegetable bin.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.