Vanilla Frozen Yogurt with Brandied Cherries and Dark Chocolate
Armagnac is a smooth, full-flavored brandy from southern France.
Photography: DANA GALLAGHER
Martha Stewart Living, January
- 20 ounces frozen sweet cherries, partially thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Armagnac or other high-quality brandy
- Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (http://www.marthastewart.com/263595/vanilla-frozen-yogurt)
- Dark or semisweet chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Bring cherries, lemon juice, sugar, and salt to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in Armagnac. Return to heat, and simmer 1 minute more. Let cool completely. (Cherries can be refrigerated in sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 days.)
- Scoop frozen yogurt into bowls, and spoon cherries and sauce over the top. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.