Beach Umbrella Pops
Martha Stewart Kids, Summer/Fall
Yield Makes 1 dozen 3-ounce pops
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe
- 1/2 small honeydew melon
- 2 cups Homemade Yellow Lemonade Classic Homemade Lemonade (http://www.marthastewart.com/259602/homemade-lemonade), or store-bought
- 2 cups Homemade Pink Lemonade Homemade Yellow or Pink Lemonade (http://www.marthastewart.com/260325/homemade-yellow-or-pink-lemonade), or store-bought
- Use a 3/8- or 7/16-inch melon baler to scoop out about 4 dozen cantaloupe and 4 dozen honeydew-melon balls. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of either type of lemonade into each 3-ounce mold. Arrange three melon balls in the lemonade in the bottom of each mold.
- Freeze molds until the lemonade begins to set, about 15 minutes. Add five melon balls to each mold. Insert a wooden pop stick into each pop, then pour remainder of lemonade evenly into each mold. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Pour in 1 tablespoon contrasting color of lemonade to form the stripe at the base of the umbrella when unmolded. Pops will keep, frozen in their molds, for at least 3 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.