Banana French Toast
Why wait for the weekend to enjoy French toast when you can whip up this irresistible breakfast in practically no time?
Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk (skim)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1 banana
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together milk, egg, sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Dip bread, one slice at a time, into egg mixture, pressing down so bread absorbs liquid. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Place all 4 slices in skillet; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut banana crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Divide bread between two plates; top with banana and syrup. Serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.