Fennel, Apple, and Blue Cheese Salad
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese, preferably Maytag Blue
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 medium bulb fennel, trimmed and very thinly sliced crosswise on a mandoline
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 head Boston lettuce, rinsed, torn into pieces, and spun dry
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in oil, until combined.
- Add cheese, walnuts, fennel, and apple to the vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add lettuce, and toss again. Transfer to a platter. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.