- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup soft dried apricots, coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, almond extract (if using), and salt until frothy. Add coconut and apricots; mix to combine.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into mounds, each equal to 2 level tablespoons; place 1/2 inch apart on prepared baking sheet (macaroons will not spread).
- Bake until lightly golden, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Transfer macaroons to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 1 week.