Orange-Glazed Chicken with Carrots and Bulgur
Marmalade makes an instant glaze for roast chicken.
Everyday Food, April 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange chicken in a single layer; season with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes. Brush with half the marmalade, and rotate sheet. Continue to roast, brushing once more with marmalade, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- While chicken is roasting, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add carrots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add bulgur and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low; cook until bulgur is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in lime zest and juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with bulgur.
Bulgur is a nutty grain made from precooked wheat; find it alongside the rice in most supermarkets.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.