Shrimp and Tomatoes over Soft Polenta
Everyday Food, September 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen medium shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined (tails removed)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 recipe Soft Polenta (http://www.marthastewart.com/260686/soft-polenta)
- Green Beans (http://www.marthastewart.com/261616/green-beans), (optional)
- Season shrimp generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan; cook garlic and red-pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and their juice along with 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have broken down and become saucy, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Soft Polenta. Just before serving, stir reserved shrimp into tomatoes. Divide polenta among four bowls; spoon shrimp and tomatoes over polenta. Serve with Green Beans, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.