This easy three-bean salad can be served warm or at room temperature. It makes a nice side dish for grilled pork, blackened fish or chicken.
Everyday Food, September 2010
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, oregano, shallot, and mustard. Add green beans, red kidney beans, and chickpeas; toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.