Martha Stewart Living, April/May
- Italian Meringue Buttercream (http://www.marthastewart.com/282521/italian-meringue-buttercream)
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- Make buttercream, and set aside. In the top of a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl set over simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring with a rubber spatula until smooth. Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- Dissolve espresso powder in 1 teaspoon hot water. Stir espresso mixture and cooled chocolate into buttercream. Beat until thoroughly incorporated. Use immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.