Trout with Sage
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for baking sheet
- 8 small trout fillets, with skin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh or dried plain breadcrumbs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat broiler. Generously butter a baking sheet. Arrange the trout fillets, skin side down, on the prepared sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, salt, sage, and pepper. Using a pastry brush, coat each fillet with the seasoned butter, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Broil the trout as close to the heat as possible, turning sheet as
needed for even cooking, until fish is golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with the lemon on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.