This recipe is the crust for the Apricot Chiffon Pie.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
- Yield Makes one 9-inch crust
- 5 ounces shortbread cookies, broken
- 3 ounces shelled unsalted pistachios (2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse cookies in a food processor until crumbs form. (You should have 1 cup.) Process with pistachios, sugar, and salt, until fine crumbs form. Add butter, and process until mixture holds together.
- Press crumb mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.