Chicken with Mango and Ginger
Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 8 chicken cutlets (about 1 3/4 pounds total)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 inch), peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place mango wedges in center of four 18-inch-long pieces of parchment. Top with chicken, ginger, cilantro, and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle each with 2 teaspoons oil. Fold parchment into a twist or envelope shape.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until packets are puffed up and chicken is cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Find parchment paper at the supermarket near the foil. For our recipes, make sure the roll is at least 13 inches wide. Do not use wax paper as a substitute -- it has meltable coating.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.