Give your wedding or bridal shower a Mediterranean flair with these simple hors d'oeuvres. Balls of fresh goat cheese are coated with chopped pistachios; beds of baby spinach leaves make them easy to lift and eat.
Photography: Antonis Achilleos
- 11 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped pisatchio nuts
- 48 washed and dried baby spinach leaves
- Bring goat cheese to room temperature. Using your hands, roll forty-eight 1/2-inch balls, and place them on a piece of parchment paper. Shake the nuts in a fine mesh sieve to remove dust, then place in a small, shallow bowl. Roll each cheese ball in the nuts to coat evenly.
- The cheese balls can be prepared the day before the event. Store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- To serve, arrange the spinach leaves on a serving tray, and place each cheese ball on a leaf. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.