This grits recipe from chef John Besh of August is used to make his Slow-Cooked Louisiana Shrimp and Grits.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup white grits, preferably organic stone ground
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil over high heat; add salt. Stirring rapidly, add grits in a slow, steady stream; reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, until creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in mascarpone and butter; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.