The Martha Stewart Show, April 2006
- Yield Makes enough for two 8-inch pizzas
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 5 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small food processor or blender, combine basil, cheese, garlic, red pepper flakes, and oil. Puree until mixture forms a smooth, thick paste. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.