Scallop, Orange, and Cucumber Kebabs
Both wooden and metal skewers are great for kebabs. Wooden skewers need to be soaked in water for 30 minutes before use.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Makes 4 servings
- Olive oil, for grates
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 navel orange, halved and cut into 1/2-inch wedges, plus 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 8 very thin slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 Kirby cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound large scallops
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat grill to medium; clean and lightly oil hot grates. In a small bowl, combine honey and orange juice.
- Onto four skewers, thread orange wedges (through skin), ginger, cucumber, and scallops, beginning and ending with orange wedges; season with salt and pepper. Grill kebabs until scallops are opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes, turning and basting with honey mixture halfway through.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.