Baked Egg Custard with Cheese
Everyday Food, November 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 4
- Butter, at room temperature, for dishes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups reserved vegetables from Rosemary-Lemon Chicken with Vegetables (http://www.marthastewart.com/263035/rosemary-lemon-chicken-with-vegetables), cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 ounces (1 cup) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate (or four 10-ounce ramekins or custard cups) with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in vegetables, half the goat cheese, and scallions. Place pie plate (ramekins or custard cups) on a rimmed baking sheet; pour egg mixture into pie plate (or ladle into ramekins or cups). Sprinkle with remaining goat cheese. Bake until eggs are set and tops are golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with Chopped Romaine Salad.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.