Broccoli, Chickpea, and Cherry Tomato Salad
Although broccoli can be found throughout the year, it is at its peak from October through April. The heads should have tightly clustered florets that are deep green, with no yellow spots. The stalks should be firm with unwilted leaves.
Everyday Food, March 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 pound broccoli, separated into florets (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- In a large saucepan with a steamer insert, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, red-wine vinegar, olive oil, and onion; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and broccoli. Toss to coat with dressing. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.