Steamed Broccoli With Lime Dressing
Everyday Food, September 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/4 pounds (1 large bunch) broccoli
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Coarse salt
- Prepare broccoli: Cut off and discard tough ends of stalks, leaving about 2 inches attached to the florets. Using a paring knife, cut broccoli lengthwise into pieces. With a sturdy vegetable peeler (or sharp knife), peel away the tough outer layer from the stalks. In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add broccoli pieces in a single layer. Cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together lime juice and sesame oil; season with salt.
- Add broccoli to dressing; toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.