Lemony Lima Beans with Parmesan
This salad is great for a picnic, or it can be served as a side for lunch or dinner.
Everyday Food, June 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen baby lima beans, unthawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add lima beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water (to stop further cooking), then drain again, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer lima beans to a bowl. Stir in oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Divide among four serving plates, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.