Roasted Carrots with Lemon Dressing
Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- 3 pounds carrots (15 to 20 medium), cut into pieces 2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, and 3 tablespoons juice (from about 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots with oil and cayenne; season with salt. Arrange in a single layer (use two baking sheets if necessary). Roast, tossing once halfway through, until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, zest, and lemon juice; season with salt. If making ahead of time, cover and refrigerate carrots and dressing separately, up to 1 day. Otherwise, drizzle dressing over cooked carrots (still on baking sheet); toss to coat. Transfer to a serving dish; serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.