Martha Stewart Living, October 2008
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole peeled plum tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pulse tomatoes and juices in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Heat garlic and oil in a 5-quart pot over medium heat until garlic begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add tomato puree, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly. Sauce can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.