Fuyu persimmons have a glossy red-orange skin; a squat, round shape (similar to a tomato); and a tangy-sweet flavor.This recipe is from the new "Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home" cookbook.Photo credit: Beatriz Da Costa
Dinner at Home, 2009
- 4 ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chopped candied ginger, for garnish (optional)
- Heat broiler, with rack 6 inches from heat source. Slice persimmons in half crosswise. Place halves, cut side up, in a baking dish, and drizzle each half with honey. Broil until golden brown and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle 1 tablespoon lime juice over fruit.
- While fruit is broiling, whisk together mascarpone, vanilla, and remaining tablespoon lime juice.
- To serve, dollop each persimmon half with mascarpone mixture; sprinkle with candied ginger or sugar, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.