Goat Cheese and Lima Bean Bruschetta
Martha Stewart Living, March 1999
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen lima beans, shelled
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread slices on a baking pan. Toast until tops are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn, and toast until golden brown on other side, 10 minutes more.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven. Spread goat cheese over each slice of bread.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil, and prepare an ice bath. Add lima beans to the boiling water, and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice bath, and let cool. Drain beans in a colander.
- Arrange beans on the bruschetta. Sprinkle with thyme and pepper; serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.