Everyday Food, March 2004
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 large pineapple, washed and dried
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- With a sharp knife, slice off top and bottom of pineapple. Holding fruit upright on cutting board, slice off peel in strips; reserve peel. Cut flesh into 8 wedges. Remove core; reserve. Refrigerate wedges until ready to serve.
- Cut reserved peel and core into 1-inch pieces; place in a medium saucepan with ginger, sugar, and 4 cups water. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, 25 to 30 minutes. Strain, discarding solids; chill.
- Slice wedges thinly crosswise. Divide frozen yogurt evenly between 6 bowls. Top with pineapple and chilled syrup. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.