Carrot and Yellow Pepper Soup with Rosemary
Garnished with a sprinkling of coarsely ground black pepper and rosemary flowers, this soup is a welcoming start to this simple spring meal.
Martha Stewart Living, Spring 1991
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 cup white part of leeks, cut into 1/2-inch lengths and cleaned
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; then add carrots, leeks, yellow pepper, rosemary, and cumin. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Add stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Remove rosemary sprigs.
- Puree in a food processor or blender, in batches, until smooth. Adjust seasoning.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.