- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 2 large scallions, minced (3 tablespoons)
- Coarse salt
- Pea shoots or sprouts, for garnish
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Place eggs in a medium saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover eggs by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 13 minutes. Drain, and transfer eggs to ice-water bath until cold.
- Peel eggs, and halve lengthwise. Transfer yolks to a medium bowl, and mash with a fork until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, wasabi, vinegar, and scallions. Season with salt. Pipe or spoon filling into whites. Garnish with pea shoots or sprouts.
Wasabi comes in powder form, which you must mix with equal parts water, or already prepared in a tube. Either will work in this recipe.