Tagliatelle with Black Truffles
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 pound tagliatelle
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 small cipollini onions, minced
- 2 ounces black truffles, very finely chopped
- 1 cup Prosecco
- 7 ounces fresh Robiola cheese, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and tagliatelle. Cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 ounce truffles and a pinch of salt. Cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add Prosecco and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, and whisk until melted. Stir in remaining 1 ounce truffles. Cook for 2 minutes. If sauce is too thick, stir in cream. Stir in chives.
- Drain tagliatelle, and place in a large bowl. Add sauce, and toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.