This applesauce is delicious served with Potato Latkes.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
- 2 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, toss all the apples with lemon juice, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle sugar over melted butter; cook until sugar begins to brown. Add apples; cook until they turn golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and salt; remove skillet from heat.
- Place apple mixture in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 3 days. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.