Salad with Beets and Yogurt Dressing
Greek yogurt is thicker, creamier, and higher in protein than regular yogurt because it has been strained to remove much of its whey.
Everyday Food, June 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes, plus cooling
- Serves 4
- 3/4 pound beets (2 large or 8 small), trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (full-fat or 2 percent)
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 head, Boston lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place beets in a 12-inch square piece of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper; fold foil into a packet. Roast until beets are easily pierced with a paring knife, 30 to 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel beets and cut into wedges.
- Whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons oil; season dressing with salt and pepper. Thin as desired with 1 to 2 tablespoons water. Divide lettuce among plates and top with beets, tarragon, pistachios, and dressing. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.