Fried Chicken with Vine-Ripened Tomato Salad
Our ingenious no-batter, no-spatter method skips the deep fryer and calls for a skillet and just a bit of oil. Indulge in the ease of it!
Everyday Food, June Early Summer 2007
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 1
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 skin-on chicken thighs (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- Place flour in a shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low. Add chicken, skin side down. Cook until skin is browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining tablespoon oil. Add parsley, and season with salt and pepper; drizzle dressing over tomato. Serve with chicken.
For a crisp skin and succulent interior, cook chicken thighs over low, steady heat, and don't turn them over too soon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.