Perfectly Cooked Greens
This delicious recipe is from "Jamie's Italy," by Jamie Oliver.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2006
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, leaves and stems separated
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and return to a boil. Add Swiss chard stems and cook about 4 minutes. Add leaves and cook 2 minutes more. Drain greens and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Place greens in a large bowl and add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.