Romaine ''Caesar'' Gratin
Serve this brand new recipe from renowned chef Eric Ripert for an irresistible side dish. Also try his delicious Baked Zucchini, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Bread Crumbs.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2009
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 anchovy filets, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce heart, quartered lengthwise and trimmed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In the jar of a blender, combine yolks, anchovy, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, and season with cracked pepper. With the blender on medium speed, slowly drizzle in olive oil until well incorporated; season dressing with salt.
- Preheat oven to broil. Arrange lettuce in an even layer on a baking sheet and brush with dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil lettuce just until cheese melts and begins to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.