Scallops and Brussels Sprouts
This recipe for scallops and brussels sprouts is courtesy of chef Matthew Hoyle from restaurant Nobu 57.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007
- 4 large scallops
- 4 tablespoons Clarified Butter (http://www.marthastewart.com/281021/clarified-butter)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 tablespoons Jalapeno Dressing (http://www.marthastewart.com/255112/jalapeno-dressing)
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, half of the seeds discarded, finely chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons clarified butter over medium-high in a medium skillet. Season scallops with salt and pepper; add to pan and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In another medium skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons clarified butter over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly crisp, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons jalapeno dressing until coated. Place on a serving plate; top with scallops.
- In a small bowl, mix together onion, cilantro, and jalapeno with remaining 2 tablespoons jalapeno dressing. Spoon over scallops and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.