Rocky Ledge Bars
When cut into ragged shapes and stacked in a staggered fashion on top of one another, these chunky bars resemble a rocky ledge. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toffee chips
- 18 soft caramel-candy cubes, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the longer sides. Brush parchment with butter (not overhang).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined. Mix in flour mixture until combined. Fold in half of each of the marshmallows, chocolates, toffee chips, and caramels.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Scatter remaining marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, and caramels on top. Bake until top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Lift out of pan, and transfer to a baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes.
- Remove parchment, and cut into about 16 triangles. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.