This recipe brings together two backyard favorites -- beer and tequila -- for a satisfying, refreshing mixed drink.
Also try: Pollo con Queso Tortas
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2010
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5 lime wedges
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups ice
- 3/4 cup silver tequila, chilled
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Mexican beer
- Place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Stir in lime juice and transfer to refrigerator until chilled.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each of 4 rocks glasses. Fill a saucer with salt, and dip rim of each glass into salt to coat. Fill each glass with 1/2 cup ice; set aside.
- Stir tequila into lime mixture and divide evenly among prepared glasses. Top with beer, stir, and garnish each with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.