Eggs with Mushrooms and Spinach
Everyday Food, January 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 box (10 ounces) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Prepare four 24-inch-long pieces of parchment according to classic method. Place two pieces on each of two rimmed baking sheets. Brush half of each heart with oil. Place spinach and mushrooms on oiled halves of parchment. Crack 2 eggs over each and drizzle them with 1 teaspoon oil each. Season with salt and pepper. Fold each packet into a classic shape.
- Bake until egg whites are set, 6 to 9 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Serve immediately.
This recipe works best with white parchment; the brown type absorbs more heat, leading to overcooked eggs.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.