Serve these thin pitas, covered with herbs and baked until crisp for easy scooping, alongside roasted-eggplant dip, made silky by the addition of yogurt.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
- Serves 6
- Yield Makes about 32 chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 pitas, sliced horizontally if thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir herbs together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk in oil. Rub over pitas, and cut each into triangles.
- Bake pitas on baking sheets until crisp and just golden, 10 to 14 minutes.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.