This "jelly" does not require the sterilizing and sealing process commonly used for jams and preserves. Simply keep it refrigerated in an airtight container, and enjoy for up to 2 weeks.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2008
- Yield Makes 4 cups
serves 6 to 8
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups dandelion blossoms (yellow and white parts only)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups vodka
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from lemon, and cut into matchstick-size strips. Reserve lemon for another use.
- Bring water and blossoms to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing solids. Discard blossoms.
- Add sugar. Stir to dissolve, returning to pan and warming over low heat if necessary. Add lemon zest and vodka. Pour into a resealable jar, and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, stirring or shaking every few days. Serve cold, stirring well just before pouring.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.