This cheesy bread comes from Jennifer Andrzejewski in Grizzly Flats, California. Serve it as an appetizer with dinner, or on its own as a tasty snack.
Everyday Food, October 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 sourdough baguette (10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 jars (6 1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve baguette lengthwise; scoop out center with your fingers, and tear into small pieces. Set bread shells aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add bread pieces and garlic; cook until bread is golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine browned bread, sour cream, cheddar, Monterey Jack, artichoke hearts, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper; stir together.
- Spoon mixture into reserved bread shells; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until browned on top, 20 to 25
minutes. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.