Ocean Trout with Soba Noodles
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces) soba noodles
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh ginger, sliced
- 6 skinless Tasmanian ocean trout or salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add a large pinch of salt and soba noodles. Cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile: In a large straight-sided skillet or a stockpot, combine fish stock, wine, soy sauce, and ginger. Bring to a boil. Add trout. Reduce to low, and poach until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. If fish is not fully covered by liquid, turn once during cooking.
- Drain soba noodles well, and transfer to a medium bowl. Drizzle with oil. Divide between 6 bowls. Place one trout fillet on top of the noodles in each bowl. Garnish with cilantro and cooked ginger slices. Ladle broth over everything, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.