Tomato, Basil, and Red Onion Salad
- 5 large ripe red tomatoes, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- Arrange alternating slices of tomatoes and onions on a serving platter. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with torn basil leaves.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.