- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced chicken
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and oil; toss with remaining ingredients.
To serve in an avocado half: Slice avocado in half lengthwise, and remove pit; mound chicken salad in each avocado half (makes 2 servings). To serve in a roasted tomato: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice top off a large beefsteak tomato; scoop out flesh to form a shell, and brush inside with a bit of olive oil. Bake until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then fill with chicken salad.