Herb-Crusted Salmon with Spinach Salad
Dijon mustard gives the topping a nice kick and balances the richness of the salmon fillets. Lemon juice in the spinach salad offers another bright note.
Everyday Food, September 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a food processor, combine bread, parsley, and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Place salmon on prepared sheet; season with salt and pepper. Spread top of fillets with Dijon; top with crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout, 11 to 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lemon juice and remaining oil; season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and onion; toss to combine. Serve salmon with spinach salad.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.