Ice Cream with Rum-Raisin Sauce
Martha Stewart Living, October 1998
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1 pint best-quality vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Set over medium-low heat. Stir until well combined and sugar has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add butter, rum, and raisins, stirring until butter has completely melted. Serve the sauce warm or at room temperature over the ice cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.